Primarily responsible for welcoming and warmly greeting guests arriving and departing. Handles reservation requests, manages the efficient and timely seating of our guests and assists to control the flow of the dining room.
Supervised by the Food & Beverage Managers. Essential Job Functions
Education, Experience and Skill Requirement
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival, practicing guest recognition whenever possible.
- Assists arriving and departing guests with luggage, umbrellas, raincoats, etc and issues claim checks for stored items.
- Handles reservations for individuals and large parties, special functions and updates the reservation system with guest preferences.
- Answers all telephone calls for the restaurant.
- Practices guest recognition, remembering guests name and preferences, initiating the dining experience with a personalized touch.
- When immediate seating is limited, manages the waiting list, providing guests with estimated waiting time.
- Accommodates special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seats guests based on established guidelines and guest preferences while balancing customer flow into service stations.
- Informs server and managers of special requests and pertinent information pertaining to guests.
- Upon seating, offers guests a menu and informs them that their server will be there shortly.
- Inspects table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relays messages to servers and server assistants as needed.
- Monitors and observes guests dining experience.
- Thanks guests upon leaving, inviting them to return and soliciting feedback on their experience.
- Performs service recovery as required to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Ensures all seating areas are set up according to plan.
- Ensures cleanliness of dining room area and coordinates with server assistants to clean it.
- Ensures all menus are up-to-date, clean and free of tears, stains or other damages.
- Knowledgeable and conversant on all food and beverage products and services.
- Responds promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Ready and willing to assist servers and server assistants as situations arise.
- Learn basics of the POS System as to assist the floor staff.
- Available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation as directed by management.
- Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed.
- Adheres to Carillon Miami Wellness Resort standards for guest service.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with guests in person or on the telephone and perform basic typing.
- Must be great at remembering names and faces.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must possess a personable, cheerful demeanor; be well groomed and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Guest service skills or training are preferred.
- Must possess pride in Carillon Miami Wellness Resort Standards of food service.