Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, a Marcus Hotels & Resorts Property, is seeking an enthusiastic candidate interested in demonstrating their passion and knowledge for training & development in our 1,300 acre property. We are an award-winning, AAA Four Diamond all-seasons resort in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva. Located 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa features 355 guest accommodations, including deluxe rooms and suites, along with 29 new villas. On site, guests can enjoy the WELL Spa + Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a ski and snowboard facility; 62,000-square-feet of meeting and convention space and five restaurants. Also on the resort's grounds is the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, featuring 225 guest suites and 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, bringing the total number of rooms on the Grand Geneva campus to 609. For more information, please visit www.grandgeneva.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As a Talent Development Manager at Grand Geneva, you will oversee and implement continuous learning of associates to reflect our culture, values, and high service levels to drive business results. Develop, plan, coordinate and facilitate workshops, service and training programs. Assist leaders in communicating and upholding property culture and standards.
The right candidate for the role is capable of partnering with leadership at all levels to ensure each department has a quality new associate training and onboarding program to build strengths, address areas of opportunity and improve the overall performance of new associates.
Most of all, they're committed to the Marcus mission: serving people, creating memories, and delivering exceptional experiences. Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with functional leadership to identify training and operational opportunities regarding service and technical skills
- Champions the creation, implementation and facilitation of property-wide initiatives to address service excellence, utilizing 4DX Techniques.
- Facilitates and organizes workshops included but not limited to; new associate Orientation, Job Skills, Service Delivery & Recovery, Supervisory Skills, Health & Safety, Serving Alcohol Responsibly, Food Safety.
- Creates and updates department specific training material with the collaboration of department leaders.
- Formulates training programs and schedules based on knowledge of identified training .needs, company operations, business systems or property changes.
- Trains specific department trainers in effective techniques for training new associates.
- Maintains records and prepares reports to evaluate performance of programs and monitor progress of trainees.
- Ensure compliance training requirements are being met.
- Organizes and develops training materials, manuals, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational material.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Training, Human Resources, Adult Education, or related field/s strongly preferred.
- Five years' experience in learning and development role including needs assessment, content development, design, facilitation and corresponding metrics to training and development.
- Prefer proven experience impacting service scores through implementation of operational initiatives and/or training methods.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to create high-quality training manuals and materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and other associates within the campus and organization.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Programs & Applications.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer.