Job Description for Hotel General Manager
POSITION TITLE: Hotel General Manager for Aloft Westminster
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations, President of Management Company, Owners
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the Brand, the Hotel, and the Management Company. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximize revenue and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the Vice President of Operations and hotel owners.
Responsible for managing the Hotels management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
GM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all operations of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with Department Heads.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling of Guest complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Help with the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel and the Management Company.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property.
- Develop actions for maximizing revenue, guest satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and make decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, and Maintenance are on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Act as a final decision maker along with the VP of Operations in hiring of key personnel.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights. At least 5 years’ experience as Marriott GM or AGM.
A university degree in hotel management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant Marriott Experience required. And 5 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.