Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club is looking for a General Manager to oversee our signature steakhouse restaurant, Bourbon Steak ! This is an amazing opportunity to not only join one of the world's largest hospitality companies but also one of the most renowned restaurant groups in the United States.
Perched on 175 acres atop a 150-foot seaside bluff, this AAA Five Diamond property boasts 400+ rooms, 110,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space combined, and 8 dining options. Bourbon Steak Orange County is Chef Michael Mina's nod to the American steakhouse experience; classic Americana infused with Chef Mina's arsenal of world flavors and flair for the dramatic.
The ideal candidate for this exciting role will be a driven leader with a passion for providing exceptional service, a keen eye for detail, and a talent for building relationships. At least 3 - 5 years of food and beverage management experience with a background in fine dining is required. Sommelier Certification and luxury hotel experience are a plus. What will I be doing?
A General Manager Restaurant is responsible for all aspects of the management of restaurant Bourbon Steak. This leader will oversee all management staff and report directly into the Director of Food & Beverage at Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club. The Restaurant GM will coordinate the planning, organization and training necessary to achieve restaurant objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, communication & awareness, guest service & satisfaction, food quality and sanitation. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant team members for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the team members, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct team members in their work assignments.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services while developing long term relationships with internal and external guests. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!