This is the job description for GENERAL MANAGER
Job Title: General Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Regional Vice President
Supervises: AGM - F&B, AGM - Rooms, Admin Assistant, H/R Payroll Administrator, Finance Lead, Front Office
Manager, Chief Engineer, Executive Housekeeper, Director of Sales.
Job Purpose: To manage a hotel's operation and maintain established cost and quality standards in order to ensure superior service and maximize profits.
1. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall
objectives of the company. Prepare the annual hotel budget.
2. Monitor the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and
monthly financial reports. Initiate corrective action.
3. Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
Initiate corrective action.
4. Implement and maintain local and national sales/marketing programs.
5. Establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and
development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations.
6. Establish and maintain applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the
7. Maintain a security function to protect the assets of the hotel and the personal safety of employees and guests.
8. Implement/maintain two-way communication systems that cross departmental lines to reach all employees.
9. Develop new programs which result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence.
10. Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal laws and
11. Reward employees who meet or exceed guest expectations.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property
2. Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Ability to successfully interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: Bachelors degree in Hotel Management.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience as an AGM. 3 years hotel operations experience in a supervisory
capacity. 2 years experience in direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive to customer appointments.
Management Activities: Check all that apply
X Interview, select and train associates
X Set and adjust associates' rates of pay and hours of work
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates' productivity & efficiency to recommend promotions or other changes in status
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skill
Working Conditions: Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others. Walk extended distances and able to work overtime and irregular hours.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.