In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Chicken Ranch Casino, Jamestown, CA
The position is based in Jamestown, CA, and relocation assistance will be provided.
The General Manager will provide strategic leadership to the organization by working with the Tribal Council to develop and establish short and long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies in accordance with the Tribal Council and Casino’s mission. This position requires a wide breadth of knowledge of strategic planning, budget preparation and marketing strategy. Beyond that, we need you to be able to see the big picture and think outside the box (allergic response to legacy systems favored), while overseeing all operations of the Casino, directing and coordinating its daily operations.
The General Manager must be willing to take risks and embrace being different, perhaps even a tiny bit weird to the point you may find it normal to have live chickens in your office wearing gold chains. You will be at the helm of a freakin’ awesome business that wants to shatter industry standards while you make time to satisfy your appetite for the outdoors on the weekends.
General Manager Tasks:
· The General Manager drives Casino profitability and market share by collaborating with the leadership and Tribal Council to develop and implement effective operational and organizational infrastructure while establishing organizational goals and objectives
· Directs department activities to meet established objectives, overseeing key organizational projects
· Reviews and analyzes current and historical financial data, establishing annual and monthly budget projections, reallocating spend as needed
· The General Manager reviews financial and non-financial reports to identify areas for improvement
· Complies with Gaming and Tribal regulatory requirements by maintaining comprehensive knowledge of all applicable regulations, identifying policy or procedural areas requiring modification and initiating change as needed
· Leads management personnel by recruiting and retaining a high-performance Management Team, fostering open communication and cooperation between Management and Team Members
· The General Manager brings coaching and mentoring skills to team and encourages professional training and development where needed
· Provides Team Members with resources and authority to manage department operations effectively
· Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives
· Builds a positive and productive culture in the workplace by listening to and considering Team Member opinions and recognizing accomplishments
· The General Manager serves as Casino representative in dealing with Tribal and state officials, the community, and the media
· Ensures that all legal requirements of the operation are met and that internal controls are maintained
Job Type: Full-time
General Manager Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or proven track record in creating positive organizational and fiscal outcomes (know how to move a needle much?)
· General Manager candidates must have the ability to align organizational goals with strategic vision and provide leadership and guidance to Senior Management
· Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize, delegate and monitor multiple tasks and assignments while providing strategic leadership, lead change and motivation while building a badass team
· General Manager candidates must have excellent communication and public speaking skills
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties, as may be required by management.
|Address||16929 Chicken Ranch Road, Jamestown, CA View map|