In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
If you are the type of outgoing person that has the need for speed the joining our team in a leadership role that is dynamic, entrepreneurial and ever changing then you should apply!
The Best Western Gold Rush Inn is looking for a conscientious Front Desk Manager to oversee the front desk operations and lead a fun and dynamic team of individuals. In this role, you will be required to greet and welcome guests, tend to their questions and complaints, manage booking and appointment schedules, and ensure that the reception area is professionally maintained. To be a successful front desk manager, you should possess strong time management and organizational skills and be financially minded. A top-notch front desk manager should provide exceptional customer service and strong leadership skills. At the Gold Rush Inn you also recognize that you are part of multiple "families" as you represent Northern Vision Development, Best Western, and the Yukon communities!
Front Desk Manager Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the running of the front desk by hiring and training all front desk agents and leading by example
· Defining and implementing front desk objectives and procedures.
· Schedule the front office staff and supervise workload during shifts
· Tending to guests' complaints and questions and providing exceptional customer service.
· Ensuring that the front desk and reception area is kept clean and organized.
· Maintaining front desk office supplies and equipment.
· Assist in the development and monitoring of the budget to provide top quality customer service
· Conducting performance reviews with the front desk staff.
· Generating reports and feedback for presentation to the general manager.
· Performing administrative duties such as filing and updating records, among others, as needed.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Front Desk Manager Requirements:
· High school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in hospitality or similar considered an asset.
· A minimum of one year of hotel front desk supervisory experience.
· Good understanding of procedures and practices in the hospitality industry.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· The ability to provide exceptional customer service.
· Good leadership and training abilities.
NVD is proud to have a diverse and wide range of cultures and people. And while we don't always agree, we always respect each other. Did you know that men apply for jobs when they only have 60% of the qualifications, while women and other underrepresented groups are reluctant to reply to a posting unless they believe they have 100% of what is requested? They say everything you want is on the other side of fear and you have nothing to lose by reaching out to us and applying or asking questions. Let's have a chat and get to know each other to see if we are a match for your career.
|Address||411 Main Street, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2B6, Canada View map|
|location Type||Small Metro / Town|