The beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham is now accepting applications for a Front Office Manager to join our team!!! Located in Macedonia, OH.
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determines a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all operations of the front desk by hiring and training all front desk agents and leading the team.
- Anticipate and handle any guest requests and satisfy their needs within acceptable guidelines.
- Schedule the front office staff and supervise workload during shifts.
- Act as liaison between the General Manager and staff.
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls and provide basic information.
- Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day-use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same-day reservations and future reservations when necessary.
- Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.