Are you passionate about hospitality and looking to become a part of an award-winning team? Hampton Inn & Suites in Jacksonville, NC is currently seeking a full-time Night Auditor. Previous front desk or night audit experience is a plus but not required.
This guest facing position is responsible for posting and balancing room, Suite Shop, and guest folio charges. You will maintain files and reset systems for next day operations. Night Auditors greet and assist with late guest arrivals and departures by handling guest check-ins and check-outs while providing prompt and courteous service, including receiving telephone calls, guest requests, guest reservations, fax and ensuring complete guest satisfaction during PM shift.
The responsibilities of this position require strong punctuality, attention to detail, and the ability to make sound judgment calls. The Night Auditor will work overnight and is typically the only hotel staff on the property. Basic accounting skills are required to ensure accurate reporting and clean system data.
Additional requirements of this position:
- Run audit reports/journals from Front Office Systems
- Prepares daily revenue reports by auditing system accounts and journals to breakdown revenue for food and beverage operations
- Makes corrections and adjustments and handles all computer problems that might occur throughout shift
- Input all revenue, expenses, and allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and any Daily Food and Beverage Operations Summary
- Balances all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations
- Ensures that all reports and back-up vouchers are complete and filed properly
- Ensures that all necessary copies of documents/back-up and reports of daily work are sent to the proper person handling A/R, A/P, and Payroll
- Reviews and corrects discrepancies in the Front Desk System
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction
- Guest check-in and check-out
- Completes guest reservation process
- Must be familiar with computer systems for guest reservation information
- Must verify guest identity and credit/debt card information for authorization of payment
- Must be well versed in cash handling and accurately balance house bank
- Assigns guests rooms based on preferences and availability
- Drives the Revenue Management process
- Handles guest concerns in a tactful manner and achieves resolution
- Answers questions regarding hotel facilities and services
- Answering telephones and booking reservations
- Answering Guest inquiries i.e. directions
- Recommend local area restaurants, points of interest, or needs for transportation
- Be knowledgeable of local area and promote the area
- The ability to handle all guest needs in a hospitable and professional manner
- Maintain cleanliness of front desk, lobby area, and back office
- Prompt follow up with Guest check-ins, complaints, and other requests
• Must have exceptional knowledge in accounting operations to include all aspects of accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
• Must have exceptional mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10 key by touch.
• Must have exceptional comfort and abilities with computer systems.