Front Desk Agent
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta - Marietta
Front Desk Agent Job Summary
The Front desk Agent must be Able to respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving guests, departing guests and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Can responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
Front Desk Agent Responsibilities
- The Front Desk Agent Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- The Front Desk Agent courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Can maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Must be able to operate the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting with outgoing calls, setting up and scheduling wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- The Front Desk Agent maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Will performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Other Front Desk Agent Responsibilities
- Processes all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting, notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the most timely and accurate method possible.
- Contributes and maintains established information and communications sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
- Will provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the hotel.
Front Desk Agent Qualifications
The Front Desk Agent must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude and know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized systems.
Must have experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills. Must be fluent in English and have good written and verbal communication skills.
The Front Desk Agent must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems including highly stressful and emotional situations.
Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minutes written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
High School diploma or equivalent
Previous Front Desk experience required
ON Q experience
Standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, copier, PC, fax machine, and PBX machine.
Pro-longed standing indoors with thermostatically climate controlled work station.