In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Develop maximum food and beverage profit through cost and labor control. Maintains highest possible standards of food and beverage products and service to all outlets. Responsible for hiring, promoting, and disciplining associates as required. Coordinates all related departments regarding food and beverage, purchases, production, service, storerooms, sanitation, and maintenance of equipment. Analyzes and controls all expenses related to the food and beverage department. Sell and service meeting space through coordination with the Sales Department. Goals of this position are to reduce food cost while maintaining quality, increase meeting room sales, and increase gift shop sales.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for hiring and training all food and beverage associates.
- Responsible for direct supervision of all food and beverage associates to ensure policies and procedures are enforced and followed.
- Responsible for menu cost control; labor cost control and achieving forecasted budgets.
- Maintain high associate morale among staff.
- Determines menus for breakfast and lounge and monitors menus for meeting functions.
- Spot-check all items in food receiving for quality standards.
- Checks and shops competition.
- Supervises food as to preparation, cost, quality, and quantity.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all equipment in food and beverage department.
- Inspects all refrigerators and storerooms for excessive inventories, over-preparation and spoilage, and to ensure that sanitation is maintained in all food and beverage areas.
- Patrols kitchen, bar, and banquet areas during peak periods to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction is achieved in food and beverage outlets.
- Maintains operating policies and hours of operation of all food and beverage outlets including hotel’s special requirements, holidays and slow periods.
- Meets requirements set by the Board of Health and the Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Conducts periodic training for department personnel.
- Sells meeting space through coordination with the Sales Department.
- Services meeting space and functions by setting up and coordinating the catering.
- Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication between all departments.
- Performs other duties as requested by General Manager.
|Address||1403 Irving St., Rahway, NJ, 7065 View map|