Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street. Overview
The Food & Beverage Intern will receive exposure to/and provide support in all aspects of the food and beverage operation including on the floor and kitchen coverage, clerical, administrative, marketing materials, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of Food & Beverage. He/she is also responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests. ResponsibilitiesFundamental Requirements
- Provide floor coverage in the Street Bar and support the back of house culinary, stewarding and personal dining team as needed.
- Attend BEO (Banquet Event Order) meetings to assist in planning and execution of banquet operations.
- Provide clerical support such as editing, printing and distributing menus and other materials, data entry and compiling reports from our POS system.
- Act as a host, utilizing our guest reservation system and warmly engaging with our guests to enhance the arrival, dining and departure experience.
- Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
- Manage all incoming catering inquiries and distribute
- Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
- Assist with catering event resumes and distribution
- Manage BEO distribution and event guarantees
- Filing of all pertinent correspondence in a timely manner.
- Handle correspondence pertaining to department.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the office.
- Type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain trace file as needed.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders (BEOS) and Group Resumes as needed
- Greet guests/clients/employees when necessary.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Delphi FDC