The Williamsburg Hotel is an independent lifestyle boutique hotel located in the middle of the action and on the stoop of local hotspots, from entertainment to culture. We are looking for a Food & Beverage Director to oversee four food and beverage outlets. These outlets include our Lobby Restaurant and Lobby Bar, the Watertower, Library, and rooftop pool and bar. The Food & Beverage Director will be responsible for all aspects related to operations, service, sales, inventory, employee growth, and developing a cost-effective operation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Food and Beverage Director will supervise, coach, and train all Food and Beverage managers
- Ensure all shifts are covered by a manager to provide constant supervision of each outlet. Circulate throughout the outlets, greet guests, ensure service is prompt and courteous.
- Take immediate action on problems in the food and beverage department
BUDGET & LABOR
- Ensure each outlet meets their budgeted financial goals
- Create a monthly labor forecast, maintain appropriate staffing levels to ensure the highest possible payroll productivity at the lowest possible costs in keeping with the hotel’s service standards
- Produce approved budget and operate within established guidelines regarding costs, expenses, sales and profit for the food and beverage department
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of food and beverage employees. Interview, train, supervise, appraise, and counsel employees
- Assist with disciplinary actions such as coaching, written documentation, and terminations in conjunction with Human Resources
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Handle or assist with food and beverage guest-related complaints, as well as coordinate the follow-up on those complaints
- Develop relationships with guests in order to provide personalized service and repeat guests
- Oversee daily administrative tasks, including, payroll, petty cash, reservation requests, and guest complaints
- Inspect all food and beverage spaces for cleanliness, safety hazards, and correct furniture and equipment set up
- Ensure that all staff adheres to the uniform guidelines
- Maintain positive guest and interdepartmental relations at all times. Create a positive work environment and foster teamwork across the department.
- Communicate daily with Chef de Cuisine, Sales, Front Office, Owners, and Hotel Manager on reservations, large parties, and VIPs
- Work with catering and special events to execute events in the food and beverage outlets and ballroom
- Oversee the execution of events, train captain, servers, bartenders, barback, runners on Hotel service standards
- Schedule special events staff and security, ensure all aspects of events are covered
- Engage with guests and colleagues in a professional manner
- Hold monthly food and beverage meetings, and any other meetings needed regarding food & beverage business