Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
The all-new, vibrant 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it's an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it's where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili'uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke'alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach. Employment Status
The Food & Beverage / Catering Administrative Assistant will assist in selling and marketing the food and beverage venues to include the pool experience. He/she will service with aloha, while managing venue-related sales inquiries including, but not limited to, buyouts, group reservations, special events, cabana experiences, general reservations and amenities. This individual will market ideas to promote business, while developing and maintaining all venue promotional channels. He/ she will assist in Catering with pop up groups, small meetings, rooms only bookings as well as providing administrative support; answering phones; handling & responding to correspondence/e-mails; coordination of appointments/schedules/site inspections; filing; incoming/outgoing mail. Initiates and updates contract agreements, event orders and the Delphi & Opera system with accuracy. Supports Director Catering with Delphi weekly & monthly reports as well as additional support to overall team with rooms reservations; amenities; other. As needed, conducts sites of the banquet facilities and coordinates request for function space and services. Responsibilities
- Fundamental Requirements :
- Serve as primary hotel contact for information on restaurant venues, along with all hotel-led special event initiatives, answering related questions efficiently, and providing full follow through to resolution.
- Main conduit for all small party sales leads for the F&B venues; timely and graciously answering all inquiries, distributing venue sales information and formal proposals, executing client site walk-throughs, accurate intake, and generating updated Venue Event Orders (VEO).
- Collect general venue reservations, or RSVPs for hotel event initiatives, assigning seating or cabana requirements as required.
- Oversee iPoolside reservations, ensuring cabana and water lounger assignments as required.
- Manage all Sales site and FAM reservation requirements, in addition to photo shoot requests in F&B areas.
- Answer and direct F&B & Catering phone calls.
- Assist on Creating BEO's & Group Resumes
- Work closely with Accounting on group deposits and payments
- Respond on All Catering e-mails inquiries
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Design and print F&B marketing and print materials: menus, feature promotions, special event collateral, elevator signage, in-room collateral, all food labels for banquets and outlets, etc.
- Ensure hotel's website and OpenTable are routinely up to date with the most current venue information.
- Develop and manage a game-changing hotel amenity program; launch new online sales portal, oversee ongoing promotion, oversee clear communication and receipt of payment with clients, monitor execution and delivery by distributing amenity orders to the respective hotel departments.
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phones, managing email correspondence, incoming/outgoing internal mail, filing, maintaining organization of the offices and storage.
- Complete Time and Attendance reporting; daily management of F&B payroll, inputting and logging adjustments daily for all F&B departments, including pool.
- Assists with scheduling and facilitating of F&B interviews, orientation and training, in addition to administrative set-up and uniform assignment for new hires.
- Completes ordering for F&B resources as needed, including department office supplies, continuously maintaining a responsibility to budget. Ensures all orders are completed via Birchstreet, with invoices signed-off and submitted to accounting expeditiously for payment.
- Assists with ordering special event décor, rentals and accessories for all internal venue initiatives.
- Maintain internal F&B operating systems, including OpenTable, Silverware, updating any POS buttons to reflect menu and price changes, specials and promotions.
- Consolidate and distribute F&B leader schedule weekly, assisting with MOD coverage if required.
- Document and distribute minutes from weekly F&B meetings.
- Assists with any required daily, weekly, monthly and year-end reports as required by the department
- Support any administrative or special project needs as directed by F&B Management Team: Food & Beverage Leaders, Director of Catering and Executive Chef.
- Maintain consistent communication internally within the Food & Beverage & Catering departments, and throughout the hotel's operating departments. Liaise to effectively plan and execute special events and initiatives, including site inspections, FAMs, holidays activations, large reservations or any pool or service closures.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.