Meyer Jabara Hotels has distinguished itself as an employer of choice, attracting innovative and talented industry professionals who deliver exceptional results. Our Associates are encouraged to reach their fullest potential by delivering a differentiated experience to our guests and an exceptional bottom-line.
Job Title: Engineer
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Perform all essential functions, to assist guests with maintenance related issues. To maintain the building and grounds as directed.
• Attendance as scheduled is required.
- Complete tasks associated with preventative maintenance programs.
- Respond to guest calls and resolve guest issues to the guests' satisfaction.
• Perform maintenance and repairs in specialized areas such as HVAC, plumbing, painting, wall covering, and carpentry
• Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas.
• Attention to details.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Be familiar with all the duties and responsibilities of the other engineers.
- Maintain the files and logs kept in the Engineering department.
- Correct or report any potentially unsafe situation to the Chief Engineer.
- Always maintain a positive attitude towards guests and employees.
• Patrolling building/parking areas
• Respond to noise complaints / issues
• Keep in communication with the front in case they need your assistance
• Reporting of suspicious persons in the hotel
- A minimum three years of maintenance related work experience.
- Painting and wall covering experience is essential.
- Minimum of two years hotel maintenance preferred.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and carpentry a plus.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems is a plus
- Self-starting, even tempered personality with the ability to get along with others and function under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Required to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Ability to satisfy guest needs.
- Must be able to meet standards of appearance.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have a valid driver's license to operate hotel vehicle.
Physical Job Requirements:
• Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying required to inspect and repair
• Frequent bending and kneeling required to inspect and repair
• 100% mobility required to quickly reach all areas of hotel in emergency situations
• Frequent standing and climbing of stairs and ladders
• Frequent need to drive company truck to get equipment and supplies
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and does not restrict
management's right to assign or reassign other duties and responsibilities to the associate at any time .
The difference between being a good business and an amazing business can be found in the company's footprints made by giving back and serving others. Community relationships matter to the team at Meyer Jabara. Other details
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Tuesday, April 13, 2021
See Job Description.