Are you a results oriented individual who possesses excellent follow through skills to ensure the job is done right? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced challenging environment? Are you a person who enjoys helping others follow procedures and produce quality work to ensure outstanding guest satisfaction?
If the answer is "Yes", then the Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is looking for you!
Performs basic maintenance and repair throughout the hotel. Primarily performs
preventive maintenance in guest rooms, public areas, and front of house as assigned.
Specific work areas are assigned as needed to each team member based on skill level,
experience and business need. Keeps accurate records on assigned tasks.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Performs routinely scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) activities throughout
property, including guest rooms, grounds, public areas, and meeting rooms.
Includes minor repairs and painting. Performs basic maintenance and repairs as
assigned based on individual's ability, experience, skill level and training.
Escalates unresolved issues to other engineers or management as needed to
complete repairs and provide high level of guest satisfaction.
2. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter
to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events,
circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft. Responds to guest and internal
requests for service/repair as assigned.
3. Uses computer to receive work orders and record work performed. Keeps timely
and accurate records.
4. Performs preventive maintenance on tools and maintains all tools and equipment
used in performance of the job. Keeps tools orderly and in good working order.
5. Inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces parts found throughout the property,
such as machinery, repair/cleaning of drains, replacing light bulbs and filters, etc.
6. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and
procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and
takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties
that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be
trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel
provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective,
damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager.
Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program
and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Assists with response during emergency crisis to ensure operational support
areas are covered to provide excellent customer service.
2. Assists other engineers with maintenance and repairs as needed.
3. Identifies needed parts, supplies, tools and materials needed to minimize
unneeded down time.
4. Notifies management of major system/building problems or failures and
unanticipated maintenance needs.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. General knowledge of technical fields, i.e. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.
2. Six months related experience desired.
3. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability
to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional
demeanor. Requires general communication and interpersonal skills and
commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
5. Requires basic computer skills and ability to use computer systems used at the
6. Completes required training as scheduled.
7. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
8. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and
9. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
10. Proper use and knowledge of various types of tools and equipment used in hotel
maintenance and repairs.
11. Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops and crouches. The team member talks occasionally and frequently needs to hear sounds or voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the guest rooms and other hotel areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying furniture or equipment. The team member frequently pushes and pulls furniture or equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move furniture and equipment. Exerts up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as tools, furniture and equipment.
The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of systems and equipment (including inspection.) The team member is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach when performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpentry, painting, mechanics. The team member is required to have visual acuity to safely operate tools and equipment. The team member is required to have visual acuity to identify problems and determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside.
The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat and humidity found outside and in hotel operations areas such as kitchen and laundry areas. May be exposed to extreme cold if working in refrigerated areas. The team member is subject to loud noise produced by hotel operations equipment and tools. There is sufficient noise to cause the team member to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The team member is regularly exposed to vibration produced by a tools and equipment. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals. The t eam member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member may be required to wear a respirator at times.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D