This is the job description for DISHWASHER
Job Title: Dishwasher
Department: Food & Beverage
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Steward, Culinary Leadership positions
Job Purpose: To perform duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
1. Sweeps and mops floor once every hour as needed.
2. Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on
conveyor to dishwashing machine. Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand. Runs glasses
through dish machine twice.
3. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
4. Separates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers; steam-cleans
or hoses-out garbage cans.
5. Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle-crushing machine.
6. Polishes silver, using burnishing-machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth,
7. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand
8. Sets up banquet tables, when required.
9. Washes and peels vegetables using knife or peeling machine, when required.
10. Puts away all clean utensils; puts away & rotates stock in designated areas.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
2. Understand simple instructions.
3. Learn simple procedures and techniques.
4. Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
5. Understands OSHA regulations.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: None required
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 50 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.