Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
Reporting to the Sr. Director, People and Culture, the primary purpose of the Director, People and Culture is to plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities to maximize the strategic value of human resources. This person will work closely with field leaders to build the organization and talent capability necessary to drive growth and achieve business objectives while maintaining our culture. We are looking for a director who understands how to integrate HR strategy with business strategy to drive change, build organizational alignment, develop leaderships and management capability, and improve the associate experience.Essential Duties:
- Manages and resolves complex associate relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Administers human resource programs including, but not limited to, leave and ADA accommodations; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; exit interviews; performance and talent management; productivity.
- Supports other internal business partners in the communication and administration of programs including, but not limited to, compensation and benefits; environmental health and safety; talent optimization; mergers and acquisitions; and talent acquisition ensuring it aligns with our culture and leadership standards.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to field leadership.
- Collaborates with field leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to people, providing guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning while leveraging best practices and techniques for manager effectiveness.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems, recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Partners with our general counsel and compliance department as needed or required.
- Potential nationwide travel to field meetings to communicate, administer, and enforce HR policies and training in person. (Suspended due to COVID)
Education & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong change and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and associates.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to relate to, influence, coach associates at all levels of the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions.
We provide the following comprehensive, flexible benefits to our full-time associates and eligible family members.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least eight years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Experience in high growth environments including hourly/field associates in multi-states preferred.
- Experience leading the hr function during the merger and acquisition process preferred.
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental, vision plans, and Pet insurance plan options
- Tax advantages through healthcare savings and flexible spending accounts
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and business travel insurance
- 401k plan with a generous company matching contribution
- Generous paid time off program in which benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
- Support of continued education through tuition reimbursement
- Associate and family assistance program
- Associate discount programs
- Referral bonus program
- Rewards and recognition program
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Job Description.