In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Director of Sales & Marketing is accountable for managing the hotel sales, marketing and overall revenue-generating efforts for the resort; planning and implementation of sales and marketing activities to accomplish organizational goals. The incumbent will train, coach & develop sales & catering associates, creating an effective dynamic sales department.
Implement and maintain a strategic sales & marketing plan and activity calendar to generate top-line revenues to meet or exceed annual budget expectations.
Work closely with the management to evaluate sales and statistics reports and sets necessary actions.
Ensure cost control and budgeted expenses are met; approves master bills, VIP gifts, complimentary rooms
Implements hotel and corporate policies.
Keeps current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
Provides inspiring leadership and oversees all sales activities.
Sets sales targets and objectives and guides as required.
Coaches new sales team members, performance appraisals and implements disciplinary action as required.
Develops and negotiates business for Corporate Group, Group Association, and BT markets.
Maintains influence in the marketplace and builds relationships by:
- conducting outside/Inside sales calls, telephone solicitation, sales blitz and site visits
- solicits and targets new accounts on an ongoing basis
- attends luncheons, educational workshops, trade shows, after-hour events and company-sponsored conferences or events
- participates in industry-related clubs, societies, organizations and/or committees
- reviews professional publications
Completes written proposals and agreements as needed, including RFP’s, Account Production Review with new rate agreements, etc.
Records all client interactions in the Sales system (Amadeus).
Assist in driving effective sales & revenue meetings.
Engages in public relations when required:
- Liaising with representatives of the media to maximize positive exposure
- Writing press releases
- Participates in fundraising initiatives
- Accommodation for travel writers
Develops and implement sales promotions, advertising campaigns, managing social media & marketing avenues.
Manages hotel content and messaging to our clients.
Grow awareness through social media and build a guest following.
*Other duties as required*
- Previous experience in Sales & Marketing required
- High preference for prior hospitality experience
- Highly proficient with technology and social media
- Prior experience with CRM Software (Amadeus)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm & courteous at all times
|Address||103 Dalton Avenue, Kingston, ON, K7K 0C4 View map|