Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street. Overview
The Director of Rooms is responsible for ensuring the operation of Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, Security, Communications and Reservations in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees.Responsibilities
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Rooms Division personnel according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and conduct all front-of-house Rooms Division interviews and follow hiring procedures according to SOP's. Actively support Human Resources with recruiting efforts. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Rooms Division personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Rooms division managers. Monitor completion of the Service Standards by Position Training Checklists for hourly staff.
- Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms revenue.
- Tour rooms operating departments daily, greeting employees and soliciting feedback.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
- Complete the monthly reforecast.
- Monitor and support the corporate Guest Recognition Program.
- Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit, using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP's in Rooms and Loss Prevention.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Coordinate major projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, equipment change-overs, etc.
- Conduct weekly Rooms Division meeting, including a monthly financial review.
- Perform Rooms Managers' performance reviews according to SOP, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance reviews to their employees.
- Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and ensure budgeted productivity.
- Prepare department heads for succession through development of their need areas.
- Prepare the Rooms Division annual budget, including Laundry, Communications and Other Income.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of The Newbury Boston Hotel philosophy of service.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs and the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate programs.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.