Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
601 Washington Ave. will be a newly developed mixed-use project designed Morris Adjmi and Ken Fulk offering over 45,000 SF of ground floor and retail opportunities in the heart of Miami Beach. The modern, expansive storefronts can accommodate configurations ranging from 500 to 5,000+ SF of purpose-built retail space with frontages along Washington Ave., 6th St. and 7th St. - providing unparalleled branding exposure to the millions of tourists who visit Miami each year. Opening is set for Q1 2021. Employment Status
The Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by focusing on the profitability of the business; maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting; ensuring acceptable levels on internal control; ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and Highgate Hotels 's Standard Operating Procedures; and safeguarding owners/investors assets. Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the property: cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Highgate Hotels established guidelines. Monitors and controls Hotel's cash flow and operating forecast.
- Creates annual budgets and monthly variance analysis. Investigates and critiques variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.
- Complies with Standard Accounting policies and procedures and internal controls for finance and accounting operations
- Timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Successful completion of all internal and external financial audits, including coordination of work with CPA firms and delivering information requested by auditors on a timely basis.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Highgate Hotels' standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with Highgate Hotels' requirements, meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e:
- Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging, Flash Reports, Payroll Reports, Revenue Updates
- Monthly: Financial Statements, Forecasting KeyStatistics Report, Cash Flow
- Annual: Budgets, 5-Year Plans, 5-Year Capital Plans
- Timely interacts with Executive Committee members to assure that property operations are on track and under control at all times.
- Monitor hotels' compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report.
- Executes other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.