In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Director of Finance
The Kelly, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Birmingham, AL
RBL Hospitality Alabama is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, energetic, and detail-oriented Director of Finance for our full-service hotel, THE KELLY, TAPESTRY COLLECTION BY HILTON.
The Director of Finance supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares financial reports in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles and Company Standards.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Benefits Offered with this Role
Director of Finance Essential Job Functions
1. The Director of Finance will supervise the daily operations of the accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, auditing, and payroll.
2. Monitor and approve all purchases and expenses of the hotel.
3. Analyze financial data of operations to advise hotel management and assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
4. The Director of Finance will produce, review, and present the Daily and Monthly Reports of Operations.
5. Prepare forecasts and budgets as required. Coordinate with executive managers and department managers for preparation of financial budgets and forecast.
6. Manage all contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
7. The Director of Finance will oversee all accounting policies. Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment and master keys.
8. Lead the accounting team and operational managers in complying with all internal and external policies, procedures, etc.
9. Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal tax laws and obligations.
10. Ensure continual open communication with General Manager and corporate staff accountant ensuring all areas of department maintained.
11. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Director of Finance Qualifications
• Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
• Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
• Director of Finance candidates must be able to communicate well with guests and vendors.
• A team player willing to pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties.
• Experience in departmental operations, computers, and training techniques.
• Director of Finance candidates must have knowledge of federal, state and local taxes.
• Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and making sound decisions.
• Director of Finance candidates must have a bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
• Minimum 3+ years experience as a hotel Controller or Director of Finance.
|Address||2027 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL, 35210 View map|