In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Be a part of our Team! Brand New Resort coming 2023!! Follow our website for updates and live cam. https://chickenranchcasino.com/the-new-chicken-ranch-casino
Director of Finance
Chicken Ranch Casino, Jamestown, CA
Director of Finance Position Summary:
The Director of Finance is responsible for the financial reporting process of the Chicken Ranch Casino. Creates / directs the fiscal policies and enforces the casino’s internal controls, standard operating procedures relevant to departments that s/he oversees. Creates / implements range of statistical data for financial reporting. The Director of Finance will oversee and guide the Accounting, Cage and Drop/Count Departments, periodically reporting to management regarding current revenues and plans for growth while simultaneously serving as management’s advisor for insurance coverage and contracts. Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Company to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles.
Director of Finance Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Direct the financial strategy of the Casino while managing financial control and procedures.
· The Director of Finance will provide transparency over financial performance and advise on potential for increasing margins.
· Identify and communicate potential financial risks.
· Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
· The Director of Finance establishes a system of troubleshooting financial problems to ensure cost effectiveness throughout the property
· Manage the activities of the Revenue Audit Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of daily revenue audits and the recording of the daily revenue to the general ledger.
· Manage the activities of the Accounts Payable and Purchasing Departments, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
· The Director of Finance will manage the activities of the Accounts Receivable Department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
· Manage activities of the Payroll Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of the employee payroll and the maintenance of employee payroll records.
· Manage the activities of the Cage and Drop/Count Departments, ensuring the accurate accounting of funds of the Casino and timely reporting of transactions.
· Maintains good working relationships with the Gaming Commission, the Federal and State Tax Commissions
· Performs other assigned tasks and duties as required
Director of Finance Working Conditions:
· Long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking in a smoke environment.
· Physical Requirements: Employees are required to meet the following physical demands as essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
· Occasionally Required: Exerting 20-50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull to move objects. Climbing to move objects may be required at times. Exerting over 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull to move objects.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other duties, as may be required by management.
Director of Finance Experience, Qualifications and Education:
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5 to 10 years in all aspects of accounting and finance in the casino gaming and hospitality industry with progressively increasing responsibility.
· Preferred current and active CPA license and/or a Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Director of Finance candidates must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
· Must be able to effectively set and manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to comprehend, interpret and implement instructions, policies and regulations.
· Director of Finance candidates must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license. (Required)
· Experience in business and management principles involving strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership and coordination of people and resources.
· Background in economic, finance and accounting principles and practices with the analysis and reporting of financial data.
· Proficiency in general ledger, revenue audit, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management and banking, risk management, ERP systems, POS systems, casino gaming systems, MS Office and other systems that maybe implemented in the future.
|Address||16929 Chicken Ranch Road, Jamestown, CA View map|