As the only Five-Diamond property in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood, the 46-story, 391-room hotel offers guests unsurpassed accommodations and sweeping views of Manhattan and the Hudson River. With paramount service, spacious accommodations, a world-class spa, outdoor pool, three food & beverage venues, and banquet and event space, The Dominick joins only two other premier hotels in New York City in Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ prestigious Legend Collection.
The Dominick is looking for a Director of Finance to join our Finance team!
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the supervision of all Accounting functions including Payroll, Income Audit, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable for a Condo Hotel, Residences, Food and Beverage, and Spa. Monthly preparation of all financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policies. Develop, maintain, secure, and monitor internal controls to safeguard hotel assets.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
- Minimum five years experience as a Director of Finance in a comparable hotel or condominium environment.
- Must have prior hotel experience.
- Opening experience with luxury condo/hotels is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Accounting designation preferred (CA, CGA, CMA)
- Understanding of GAAP, Condo Accounting Act, HST regulations
- Thorough knowledge of PMS, POS, Accounting and Payroll systems
- Experience using computer accounting, payroll, time and attendance, and PMS systems.
- Strong public speaking skills, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organization, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge/skills in the use of computers and software programs associated with Property Operations.
- Ability to manage time well, meet imposed deadlines, and ability to work flexible hours and weekends as necessary.
- Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
1. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
2. Remain in a stationary position for up to 5 hours throughout the work shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and monitor forecasts and budgets as required locally, by corporate office or management agreement.
- Review the cash position of the hotel on a daily basis in order to optimize the use of funds.
- Maintain files on all contracts, leases, and agreements and ensure compliance with their requirements.
- Maintain adequate internal controls over revenues, expenses, assets, and liabilities of the hotel and ensure accounts are maintained according to hotel policies.
- Hire, develop, mentor, and direct Finance staff to ensure accurate bookkeeping and timely reporting of financial data to hotel management, corporate office, and owners in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with Corporate Policies, governmental regulations, and the Management Agreement.
- Manage cash balances and bi-monthly Cash Waterfalls with the Lender, including preparation of statement of cash flow and, if necessary, statement of changes in financial position.
- Ensure timely completion of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain insurance (general liability, property, workers compensation, and other policies specified in Hotel Management Agreement or Condo Docs)
- Reconciliation of all Bank accounts and reserve funds.
- Reconciliation, reporting, and remittance of taxes as directed by Owner agreements.
- Supervise the preparation of owner statements.
- Maintain unit owner banking agreements to facilitating payment/collection of funds.
- Oversee and facilitate Annual Third-Party Audit