In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Director of Finance plans, directs and manages the provision of accurate, timely and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made.
Recommends remedial action when and where necessary.
Safeguards owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems.
Participates in total hotel management as a member of the Executive Committee and participates in MOD program.
Aids in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establishes or recommends to management major economic objectives and policies for the hotel.
The Director of Finance supports the General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports summarizing and forecasting hotels revenues, expenses, and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
Works with department heads to ensure proper flexing of labor and operating expenses and compliance with check book and purchasing procedures.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and the collection and payment of applicable local, state and federal taxes.
Monitors contracts with hotel vendors and arranges for audits of hotels accounts.
Experience in a decentralized accounting environment is must.
Life Stylet/Boutique Hotel experience a plus.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Controller, Director of Finance, Hotel Accounting Manager (or similar) at a property of similar size and quality with a background that includes forecasting and/or budgeting
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts
• Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
• Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to manage and lead a small team of accounting personnel
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills)
• Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance or industry related field
|Address||322 N. Pass Avenue, Burbank, CA, 91505 View map|