Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . LocationEmployment Status
We are looking for a Corporate Hotel Controller for Highgate Select Service division. The Corporate Hotel Controller is the senior financial and accounting person for each hotel for which he/she has responsibility. The position is responsible for all aspects of financial management, financial control, accounting, and financial reporting for a portfolio of assigned hotels. A Corporate Hotel Controller's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, timely, responsive and accurate completion of the following duties: Responsibilities
- Timely review and issuance of monthly financial statements for assigned hotel properties and related entities including corporate consolidation and reporting of assigned hotel properties and ownership entities
- Management of debt, construction and other financing and capital transactions
- Monitoring and full review of hotel operations, cash flow and operating forecasts of assigned entities
- Creation of annual budgets and monthly variance analysis for assigned hotel properties and their related entities
- Review and approval of monthly bank reconciliations and G/L reconciliations for assigned hotel properties and corporate entities.
- Supervision of Shared Support services (Metriqe) as well as assigned hotel property Accounting and Finance personnel
- Review, approval and processing of disbursements.
- Assist in reviewing and the preparation of sales and use tax filings in accordance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Assist in onboarding new Hotels into Highgate's portfolio
- Assistance in the establishment, documentation and maintenance of Standard Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for our finance and accounting operations.
- Involvement with insurance and property tax administration of assigned hotel properties.
- Successful completion of internal and external financial audits, including coordination of work with CPA firms and delivering information requested by auditors on a timely basis.
- Understanding and compliance with all corporate, partnership, debt and other contractual documents for all assigned entities
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned