In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Controller / HR Director
Marriott Hotel, Mobile, AL
Please note that this position is based at the Marriott Hotel in Mobile, AL. Candidates must be willing to relocate and relocation assistance will be provided.
Ascent Hospitality is building some of the best opportunities and some of the finest hotels, and this one might just be the path to the future you're seeking. We're looking for a seasoned Hotel Controller to oversee the financial operations with an HR component for the Mobile Marriott in Mobile, AL. Not only is the hotel special, but so is Mobile. So you have the best of both worlds, Great Opportunity in a Great Location.
Controller Position Summary
The Controller will oversee Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cashier and Income Audit. The Controller will supervise the daily operations ensuring compliance with the Company's SOPs and LSOPs, GAAP and all federal, state and local laws and regulations. This position requires the candidate to analyze and reconcile credit cards batches. He/She will assist in the preparation of the annual budget, forecast, taxes and other financial reports. The Controller will also train, monitor and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial controls and information flow to other departments. He/She will ensure smooth operation by resolving issues in the accounting systems. Other jobs and duties as assigned.
· The Controller maintains accurate daily revenue figures and insures revenues are reported daily to Ascent Hospitality Management Co.
· Maintains current knowledge of all accounting systems, insures that training, updates and preventive maintenance happens on a routine basis.
· Handles all office supply orders, maintaining ample supply and controlling costs.
· The Controller assists in all inventory and price verifications reviewed monthly.
· Maintains working knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Audit and Payroll.
· Reviews all guest ledger accounts to insure accounts are being maintained.
· The Controller prepares and facilitates training, reviews, raps, schedules, meetings, and associate satisfaction for all associates.
· Review all major functions and group accounts for proper credit extensions prior to arrival.
· Verifies monthly revenue reports and assists in all month-end entries.
· The Controller attends all staff meetings and in-house training classes.
· Assists Corp Staff Accountant in preparation of profit and loss statements.
· Maintains positive working relations between accounting and all other hotel associates/managers. Insures department confidentiality.
· Ensures continual open communication with staff accountant, ensuring all areas of department maintained.
· Facilitates balances and reports all taxes in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
· Filing State, Local and Liquor taxes monthly
· Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, hotel policies and procedures.
· Establish an effective cross training program within the department
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 5+ Years of Experience in the Industry Preferred
|Address||3101 Airport Boulevard, Mobile, AL, 36606 View map|