In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
This position is based in Albany, New York. Relocation assistance is provided.
As a result of our continued growth and success we are in search of a Hotel Controller in our Albany, New York location. The Hotel Controller will report to the General Manager of the Hotel. The Hotel Controller will be responsible for all financial systems, internal controls, financial reporting for our Albany location. Success awaits a "hands-on" professional who will be responsible for all accounting aspects of these properties, including accounts payable, payroll, general ledger and financial reporting.
• Oversee the operations of the Hotel accounting department, including strong managerial skills with the ability to train and develop the accounting staff at the Hotel.
• Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements, accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
• Review of night audit package, including but not limited to, the Daily Revenue Report and posting to the general ledger.
• Prepare and review budgets, forecasts, operating results and sales and related tax compliance.
• Ensures the proper and timely billing of all receivables, including individual, group, and credit cards. Follows through and documents all written and verbal collection efforts for all accounts receivable. Respond to all inquiries regarding accounts receivable. Researches chargebacks and disputed charges.
• On a monthly basis, prepare required reports and documentation of all aged accounts receivable detail including a determination of the allowance for doubtful account and/or accounts receivable write-offs.
• Responsible for administering all accounts payables in a timely manner.
• Review and approval of weekly payroll, verifying compliance with laws and regulations. • Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Ensure the Hotel is in compliance with current Accounting Policy Procedures and Controls. Review internal accounting processes for accuracy and effectiveness.
• Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Polices and the Uniform Systems of Accounts for the Lodging Industry.
• Continually look and recommend improvements and efficiencies to current accounting practices.
• Ensure that all house banks and petty cash are handled properly and are counted on a regular basis.
• Work closely and cooperate with the supervisors of all departments in the collection of financial data.
• Able to work in an union environment and verify compliance with all related financial aspects of the union agreement.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments.
• A four year degree in accounting, as well as 2 - 4 years minimum related experience.
• Extensive knowledge of hotel operations, services and accounting.
• Accounting experience in full service hotels.
• Proficiency in computer accounting systems and spreadsheets. Experience using M3, OnQ a plus.
• Self-motivated to take charge and assume responsibility.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
|Address||40 Lodge Street, Albany, NY, 12207 View map|