e-Central Hotel DTLA, Los Angeles, CA
Daringly pushing the boundaries of Luxury, The e-Central Hotel DTLA (formerly The LUXE City Center Hotel), is a lifestyle property and redefines the concept of elegance.
We anticipate our guest’s zeal for innovation, revelry, and trend setting. We are The e-Central.
If you are ready to be part of The e-Central Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, we invite you to explore a career with us!
The e-Central Hotel is independent and managed by Burgeon Hotel Group.
The Controller position participates in the development and implementation of business strategies for the hotel which are aligned with the e-Central overall mission, vision values and strategies
- The Controller participates in the development of the hotel's business strategies
- Develops and implements accounting and financial strategies that support achievement of the hotel's goals
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
- Develops the annual budget in conjunction with the Executive Committee
- Develops and implements financial and purchasing strategies which are aligned with the hotel's objectives and internal control practices
- The Controller reviews and analyzes business strategies throughout the hotel to ensure alignment with the hotel's financial objectives
- Consults with management on strategies to optimize financial results
- Counsels management team on ways to maximize profits and cash flow; analyzes actual practices and data and suggests alternative strategies for managing their business
- The Controller provides management with reports and information that can be used as a basis for improved decision making
- Develops annual operating and capital budget by working with department managers; analyzes budget variances and recommends strategies for improvement
- Supports the operation of the hotel by overseeing the purchasing function
- Develops and implements financial strategies and accounting practices and performs a variety of control functions
- The Controller maximizes cash flow by proactively managing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Works with Hotels Accounting staff in the resolution of accounting issues at the hotel and in the preparation of hotel financial statements and reports
- Ensures that accounting practices adhere to legal requirements and Burgeon Hotel Group standards including:
- Preparing and filing of tax and license information returns
- Providing internal and external auditors with the information they need and implementing their recommendations
- Develops controls which are complementary to the delivery of 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Articulates policies and audits compliance of cash handling and credit positions and credit
- The Controller reviews and maintains accurate files on all contractual obligations
- Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback
- Performs other duties as required by Management to provide 100% Guest Satisfaction and genuine hospitality to our Guest.