Job DetailsJob Location
: Virginian Lodge - Jackson Hole, WYPosition Type
: ManagementSalary Range
: UndisclosedCONTROLLER You have a strong knowledge of "GAAP." And Yes, you should know what this stands for. Your financial and technical skills are impeccable as well as your people skills. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are respected by your colleagues. You have an eye for detail and consider yourself being highly organized. These are some of the qualities that we are looking for in a Controller, for the VIRGINIAN LODGE, in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Are you that person? Here's what the job would look like:
As the Controller, you are the financial manager of the hotel. You are responsible for short and long term planning and the daily operations of the Accounting department. You will develop and recommend the department's budget and objectives and manages within those approved plans. You will participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel's Executive Committee and is responsible for providing the timely dissemination of reports to management to assist in achieving bottom line results. You consult and clear with the Vice President and Corporate Controller any accounting transactions or control procedures which are not specifically addressed in the Springboard Hospitality's Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual, or which requires interpretation.
Additionally, you will establish, coordinate and administer all financial systems, internal controls and the hotel's capital plan. You will prepare and review budgets, forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns in compliance with government regulations and ownership requirements.Here are your responsibilities:
1. Establish, coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of operations. This plan would provide profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, capital requirement/needs, cost standards and the necessary procedures for an effective plan.
2. Formulate local accounting policy, coordinate systems and procedures and prepare operating data and special reports as required to compare performance with operating plans and standards and to report and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management and ownership (where applicable) to ensure timely information is provided in order to maximize profits.
3. Act as a financial consultant; provide information on the financial impact of business decisions for all segments of management responsible for policy or action concerning any phase of the business that relates to attainment of objectives, effectiveness of policies and organization structure and procedures.
4. Establish and administer all tax filing and government reporting procedures to ensure accurate, timely information is provided in compliance with laws and regulations.
5. Monitor compliance with hotel and accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations (including obligations under a management agreement) utilizing internal controls, auditing and security procedures to ensure deviations are brought to the attention of the General Manager and appropriate regional management and to protect the hotel's assets.
6. Manage the installation and maintenance of accounting computer systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
7. Has a fiduciary responsibility to Springboard Hospitality and management. You may be assigned this:
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. These are what the job requires: Education:
A four-year college degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent education/experienceExperience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience required by position is five to ten years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Our expectations from you
- Advanced knowledge of the accounting, finance and hospitality profession; requires working knowledge of the major areas and the skill to integrate and communicate that information; requires professional certification (e.g. CPA) or the equivalent level of experience;
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities or information in order to improve known practices or develop new approaches; ability to make decisions based on only general policies and procedures;
- Must possess effective communication skills, verbal and written, being able to articulate and present yourself in a professional demeanor as you deal with colleagues, guests and management.
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures, Meals and Rest Periods policy and Springboard Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for associates as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General Manager.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the Team Member Handbook.
No. of associates supervised: One to Five Associates
Travel required: May travel to other Springboard properties and corporate for meetings, trainings and task force assignments.
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five-day period; scheduled days and times may vary based on need