Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Oversees all Marketing Planning & Execution strategies for five hotels. Accountable for the development, management, execution and measurement of all aspects of the marketing/branding strategies to include, but not limited to: Positioning, Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Advertising, Collateral, and Content. All efforts should be focused on maximizing performance. Success measures include: budget achievement, increasing topline revenue, optimizing expenses and achieving channel/market share objectives.
As a Complex Director of Marketing, this position reports directly to the Managing Director of Bonnet Creek, and requires regular interaction with all hotels' General Managers, Directors of Sales, Directors of Revenue Management, and Directors of Finance. This position is a managerial role that is responsible for the hiring, development and success of the complex marketing team.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic marketing professional who thrives on creativity and strategic planning. This individual encompasses the following skillsets:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Marketing and eCommerce Planning & Strategy
- Branding / Positioning
- Omni-Channel Marketing Strategy
- Media and PR Strategy
- Website Content Development
- Storytelling from Data/Data Analysis
- Ability to Engage Others / Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Agency Management
- Leadership & People Management
- Budget Management
- Branding & Positioning: Establishes all messaging, positioning and marketing strategies, understanding the impact to the hotels' business mix, customer, and commercial strategy. Also delivers content and messaging that meets brand standards.
- Plan & Budget : Develops strategic marketing plans and establishes annual marketing budgets along with the Managing Director, General Managers, Directors of Sales, and Directors of Revenue Management. Marketing plans should be annual, seasonal and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost and deployment strategies (traditional, digital, and/or social media) through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- B2B Sales & Catering Marketing Support: Collaborates with the Directors of Sales to provide marketing support to all sales-impacted market segments, including but not limited to, BT (Business Transient) accounts, GDS, B2B Groups, and Luxury Consortia. Liaison with C&E (Catering & Events) Team to support local and group catering revenue generation.
- On-Property Experiences: Works alongside operations to develop the strategic direction of curated on-property experiences and activations.
- Market Research: conducts market-level research, such as SWOT analysis, competitive set studies, and marketing surveys to test current and/or new service levels and product concepts.
- Content & Asset Strategy: Manages the strategic direction on all consumer facing marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website Content, 3 rd Party Sites, Digital & Print Advertising, On-Property & In-Room Collateral, and Sales Tools.
- Agency Management: Responsible for the agency vetting process, agency relationship / management, and ensuring agency alignment to the wider strategic plan and goals. Agencies may include a social media agency, creative agency, PR agency, and/or media buying agency.
- Revenue Optimization : Works with Revenue Management to utilize data to make strategic decisions focused on optimizing performance.
- Social Media : Development of comprehensive social media strategy across all hotels including content development, audience building and social influencer partnerships.
- Internal Partnerships: Works with and leverages internal corporate partners including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Regional Leaders, and the eCommerce Consulting Group (ECG).
External Partnerships : Identifies partnership/sponsorship opportunities for joint outreach that align to the hotel's positioning. Hotel, Ownership & Corporate Meetings, Presentations and Reports
Human Resources / People Management
- Prepares for and attends all strategic meetings, ownership reviews (as needed) and corporate hotel reviews.
- In coordination with Revenue Management, presents out on marketing activity and performance results utilizing supporting data and maintains a forward-looking analysis/plan and strategic direction.
- Prepares for and attends all budget meetings.
- In coordination with Revenue Management, helps prepare marketing activity reports on regular cadence and on an as needed basis.
- Oversees the management, training and career development of the complex marketing team.
- Works with the Managed Support Team on alignment for marketing job descriptions and hiring of candidates for complex marketing positions.
- Creates a career development plan and actively participates in continuing education opportunities to ensure further professional development.