the Nines, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland is seeking a Receiving Clerk to join their renowned team. The perfect candidate is passionate about service and creating indigenous experiences for each guest! Poised in the heart of the city center, within the walls of the stately Meier & Frank Building one of Portland's most beloved landmarks, the Nines honors the structure's storied past, both in its striking decor and impeccable service. Individualistic design traits celebrate the surroundings of one of finest LEED Silver-certified hotels in Portland, providing the opportunity to truly experience the region's unique character.
As part of Sage Hospitality
, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations. Job Overview
To support the hotel, culinary teams of Departure, Urban Farmer, and our Banquets team in the procurement of exceptional quality food products from all culinary outlets. This is a fast-paced team that takes pride in delivering service and cuisine that goes a step beyond expectation. This position is key in the delivery of that promise.Responsibilities
- Load and unload at the point of pick-up, delivery or distribution when necessary.
- Pack, unpack, count, weigh and measure materials, supplies and equipment upon receipt.
- Check materials received against invoices and notes breakage and discrepancies in quantity or quality.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Classifies, store and/or delivers items to requisitioning departments
- Responsible to ensure cleanliness and sanitation of work areas.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
High school diploma or vocational secretarial.Experience
Previous sales, hospitality, and secretarial experience preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Ability to type 60 WPM, Microsoft Word applications: Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint.
- Alphabetizing, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Standard business letter formats.
- Strong editing skills.
- Excellent hearing required for telephone inquiries and client and associate handling.
- Excellent vision required as contracts and letters are hand written, filing, using computer, checking diary.
- Excellent speech communication skills necessary to communicate clearly with customers and other departments.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to read manager's letters, help prepare contracts and proposals. Excellent attention to detail and multi tasking skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing.
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Occasional standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
General office and hotel environment