Job DescriptionChef de Cuisine
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking an experienced Chef de Cuisine to join our team. The Chef de Cuisine's prime responsibility will be overseeing the culinary operations of the Bloom & Bee restaurant, an enchanting dining destination with a focus on fresh, locally inspired cuisine. Reminiscent of a lush garden filled with gorgeous blooms. The Chef de Cuisine will also be responsible for leading a team of Sous Chefs & Cooks in the preparation, organization and execution of all meals periods for different venues as The Pool, In Room Dining and H-Bar. The Restaurant Chef will report to the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by the Post Oak Colleague Handbook
- Create and develop creative and innovative menus for Bloom & Bee, In Room Dining, Pool and H-Bar Lounge.
- Create recipes, pictures, and plating guides for all menu items.
- Enforce all of the safety & sanitation rules and regulations.
- Schedule and monitor daily line-up.
- Prepare weekly schedule according to forecast.
- Coordinate opening and closing procedures for the kitchen.
- Keep the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef informed with the amount of daily overtime.
- Control and be accountable for the food and labor cost goals.
- Train and develop colleagues.
- Order products following purchasing procedures.
- Inspect food products when delivered from purchasing for quality.
- Inspect colleague's daily mise en place to ensure that all food products are rotated and top quality.
- Control par levels of mise en place.
- Attends hotel meetings that are determined necessary by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Must keep up to date with the latest food styles and trends
- Develop job descriptions for the different stations in the kitchen.
- Promote communication between the different culinary departments.
- Relieve the chefs and cooks when needed.
- Participate in local and national media and PR culinary events. Be an ambassador for the restaurant and the hotel.
- Work closely with the stewarding department to promote 5 Star cleanliness in the culinary work environment.
- Complete HR and Performance Management tasks in a timely manner, such as terminations, new hires, vacations, sick days and performance reviews for colleagues.