This is the job description for CATERING SALES MANAGER.
Job Title: Catering Sales Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Director of Sales or Director of Catering
Job Purpose: Generation of top line catering revenue for the hotel by maximizing all revenue potential and up-selling additional events/amenities, whenever possible, to build additional revenues.
1. Handle and follow up on inquiries for small meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads
by qualifying the customer's needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the
2. Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-
selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature
on the BEO.
3. Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer's needs with other
property business and activities to ensure customer's expectations are met and the property operates
4. Present potential business at Driver Meetings to determine best mix of customers for hotel to attain budgeted
revenues. Conduct meetings with client and hotel staff to ensure each event meets client's expectations.
5. Finalize and detail catering plans for groups contracted by assigned sales manager. Completely orchestrates
these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
6. Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls,
trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
7. Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked
space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
8. Maintain account files in software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific
property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi and Meeting Matrix or
a similar system.
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
5. Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related field
Experience: Minimum 2 years catering sales, or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales
or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.