Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
An unrivaled blend of warmth, authentic heritage, and contemporary sophistication attract travelers from around the world to Boston's most beloved hotel, the Boston Park Plaza. With the recent completion of a $100 million landmark transformation of all guest rooms, meeting space and public areas, guests quickly discover that this 1927 historic hotel is still classic, timeless, and always in-style. The hotel features 1,060 guest rooms (including 57 suites) plus onsite amenities. This historic and vibrant hotel is located in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, just steps away from Boston Common and within walking distance of world-renowned Newbury Street, the Financial District, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and a host of other famous historical Boston sites. Boston Park Plaza is a member of the Preferred Hotels and Resorts. Overview
Candidate must possess minimum 2 years of Catering Sales experience, Boston market preferred. Bachelors degree preferred preferably specializing in Hospitality, Sales or equivalent field may be considered. Previous experience in selling and planning various events. Must have advanced knowledge of food and beverage, meeting rooms set up, event flow, sales/contract negotiations with the ability to maintain current repeat business while soliciting new business. Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with a pleasant professional and consistent attitude and appearance. Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources. Must be a team player and most important must have fun! Responsibilities
- Follow up on all turnovers and meeting planner inquires within 24 hours
- Know meeting room setups and capabilities.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, , accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering.
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event setup.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Work closely with Banquets, Culinary and all operating departments
- Manage the function book and adjust space in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during functions.
- Ability to supervise and mentor Catering Coordinator
- Plan and execute special events in conjunction with the Director of Catering and Events
- Use feedback from Meeting Planner evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Attend key industry networking events
- Understand sales techniques, contract negotiation
- Understand business trends and how to uncover business as it relates to specific market
- Accurately participate in REVMAX meeting in order to maximize the yield of function space, ability to place business in the right space at the right time
- Ability to detail a Banquet Event Order with accurate information and produce Diagrams for events
Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years of progressive sales experience specializing preferably in Catering/Hospitality Sales and within Boston market
- Minimum (2) two year college degree (4) four years preferred or 3-5 years of related industry experience with a proven track record of success
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing. Delphi experience preferred
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required based on business demands
- Medium work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to bench over 250lbs (kidding seeing if you were paying attention)
- Must be extremely friendly, SMILE, be customer centric and be willing to have FUN on a high performing team
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines as it relates to distribution of event details
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in Lobby Duty as scheduled
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags. Professional image and conduct at all times as you will directly reflect the Boston Park Plaza hotel.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations including PCI compliance when handling credit card information. Adhere to all payment policies.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Ability to meet and exceed financial goals and accurately forecast events
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.