Catering Sales Manager
Competitive + Benefits
106 Jefferson, a Curio by Hilton, Huntsville 35801
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 18 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond 'hospitality' by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It's our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to 're-define hospitality'.Benefits Package
106 Jefferson, a Curio by Hilton hotel will be located at 106 Jefferson Street between Clinton Avenue and the courthouse square. The hotel will be an upscale, full-service boutique hotel consisting of 117 rooms, restaurant, best-in-class amenities and meeting space. Situated one block from the city square, the Jefferson will be in the center of downtown's business, retail and entertainment districts.POSITION PROFILE:
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Uniforms Provided
- One meal provided per shift
- Benefits " Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- 401K after six (6) months of employment with employer matching
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Catering Sales Manager will direct all aspects of sales including analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential. Direct staff, catering sales, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, and inventory control. Recommends the Sales budget, marketing/business plans, and capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:Education:
- Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (lead follow up, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, internet prospecting, social media, etc) to maximize revenues to meet/exceed goals.
- Plan, up-sell and coordinate function details with clients to include but not limited to group room blocks, space requirements, meeting times, equipment, entertainment, menus, billing, etc. Prepare and execute sales/catering contracts, event orders, group resumes to ensure a quality product delivery and customer satisfactions.
- Negotiate room rates, catering prices and other sales terms for groups within a defined size parameter. Focus on revenue- producing activity and selling time by a strategic plan that maximizes direct sales efforts
- Create and distribute effective internal and external communication (written and verbal). Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintain open communications with all guests, vendors and staff members for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/ market and account trends.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Achieve activity goals as established by management and complete all reports and assignments in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Maintain well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized, and knowledgeable manner.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel's financial assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.
Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.Experience:
A minimum of five (5) years sales experience in a related position. Hotel sales experience preferred.Skills and Abilities:
Ability to perform critical analysis and manage wide-range of information. Extensive knowledge of negotiating, principles and practices within catering sales, food and beverage, and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflect the Foundation Image. Listen effectively. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.
A full service boutique hotel consisting of 117 rooms, restaurant, best in class amenities and meeting space.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.