Santa Monica Proper is seeking an experienced Busser for Calabra Rooftop. A seamless merger of historic retrofit and new construction, the 271-room Santa Monica Proper Hotel will feature interior design by international style icon Kelly Wearstler, multiple dining options by local area culinary stars, a rooftop lounge and swimming pool and 16,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
The busser serves guests by setting tables; placing and replacing silverware; keeping beverage glasses full; adhering to sanitation and safety policies; clearing and cleaning tables, chairs, and environment.
- Prepares dining room for guests by cleaning and clothing tables; setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean; replacing damaged or soiled pages; cleaning chalkboards; lettering specials on chalkboards.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Supports wait staff by setting-up and replenishing condiment stands, trash containers liners, and bus stations.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables; sweeping and/or vacuuming floors; removing trash and recyclables from the facility.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 1+ years' experience as a Busser in a café, restaurant or hotel
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be service-oriented and a team player
- Knowledgable of the practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry
- Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Collaborate with Colleagues cross-departmentally
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Work cohesively with Colleagues as part of a team
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
Salary To Be discussed
Schedule Full Time
Location 700 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Fast-Paced Experience • Customer Service