Chandler, AZ, US, 85226 Req ID:
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Front Desk Attendants maintain and promote excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner.
JOB SUMMARY: Front Desk Attendants will provide superior guest satisfaction while attending to guest needs such as check-in/check-outs, reservations, and answering guest questions and needs. The candidate will work easily in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to make a difference in each guest's day.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers.
- Implements training of company or franchise policies and procedures and operational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.
- Input and retrieve information from the computer including but not limited to: confirmation of guest information, room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, and invoicing and billing of room rates and additional charges, processing debit and credit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, and processing gift certificates and cards.
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms are serviced are correctly accounted and ready for next guest to check-in.
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction, as needed.
- Performs duties of department at front desk, in maintenance, housekeeping as needed.
- Communicates with other departments to coordinate events and activities at the property.
- May count cash drawers, determine inventory levels, maintain department equipment and supplies and make recommendations or requests and communicate concerns to department supervisor.
- Oversees cleanliness and organization of work area.
- Maintain and clean the lobby and bathroom as needed.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Customer service and cash handling experience required
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love's.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within a hotel environment working directly with food and beverages and interacting with the public face-to-face. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT:From the founding of Love's, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these things we will cultivate diversity of thought and a spirit of innovation.Job Function(s):
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've provided customers with highway hospitality and "Clean Places, Friendly Faces." We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert