Serve guests in hospitable manner to ensure positive guest experience during arrival and departure.Responsibilities
- Show guests to room assisting with their luggage.
- Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions.
- Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight.
- Maintain the designated station in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts.
- Open doors and greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bell stand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests.
- Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby.
- Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of intershift log.
- Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
- Perform pick ups and drop-offs at the airport for the guests in a timely and friendly manner and inspect vehicles.
- May perform the duties of a valet as required.
- Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Where Canal Street meets Bourbon Street, the newly renovated Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans provides luxury accommodations amid the beating heart of the legendary French Quarter. Discover a rich diversity of elegant comforts and conveniences, including free Wi-Fi, flat screen HD TVs, a sparkling outdoor seasonal swimming pool, an acclaimed on-site restaurant and state-of-the-art fitness facility. Just outside, you'll enjoy a whirlwind of enchanting festivals, theater, music, cultural exhibits and culinary delights. At the Astor Crowne Plaza, associates are family not just employees. We offer complimentary uniforms, meals and 24/7 discounted downtown parking. Apply now so we can learn more about you!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.