The Seasonal Pool Bartender (part time) is responsible for the overall guest dining experience within the baroutlet to include but not limited to making and serving alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guests according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Preparing specific drink items, table side. Collecting payments.Assisting in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, outdoor seating capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the pool bar.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of VIPs as determined by Hotel & Members.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Check quality and amount of all pool bar stock and supplies using checklist.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to pool bar.
- Set tables according to service standards.
- Set up all bar condiments and beverages according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all bar ware for service.
- Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
- Set up and check all equipment needed for bar service.
- Follow up on special arrangements to ensure compliance with such.
- Communicate any meal requirements and special requests to the kitchen.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
- Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties.
- Restock items for next service.
- Maintain a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and associates.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- All other duties as required.
Health & Safety
- Be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Act as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your workplace.
- The wearing of appropriate clothing provided by or recommended by the Company will be obligatory.
- Report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to hotel procedure.
- Ensure that any accidents to associates, guests or visitors are reported immediately in accordance with correct procedures.
- Attend Statutory Fire, Health & Safety training and be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning Fire, Health & Safety.
- Comply and adhere to the Rosewood company policies.
- Take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
- Be a "brand ambassador" at all times and ensure brand integrity and clarity are always maintained.
- Model the company's culture, vision, mission and core values at all times.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, the Company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
- As the hotel's level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Knowledge Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; ability to prioritize, organize and follow through; ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment; ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests' hot food orders;
- Ability to maintain good coordination; ability to transport cases of received goods to the workstation; ability to work an 8-12 hour shift in hot, noisy and sometimes close conditions;
- Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved; ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met
- Ability to differentiate dates; ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions;
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes; ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision; ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 20 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Kitchen Environment- constantly exposed to heat, high cold, slippery surfaces and appliances such as stove, oven, dishwasher, cooking top, as well as cleaning tools. Must be able to workindoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Can meet deadlines
- Thinks globally
Creates work environment that:
- Energizes, motivates and supports employees
- Foster a climate of open communication, trust and respect
- Encourages team behaviour
- Effectively communicates with all levels
- Is culturally aware and sensitive
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Must have current and valid Food Handler's card and TIPS certification or ability to obtain for work.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Minimum two years' experience as a Bartender required
- Hotel operational exposure (i.e. F&B) preferred
- Experience with a luxury or ultra-luxury property or brand preferred
Rosewood Sand Hill provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EEO-1 Code: 404