The Holiday Inn Dulles is looking for a full-time PM bartender! This position is responsible for preparing and serving beverages to guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Adheres to all health regulations and local liquor laws. According to function specifications, sets up, maintains, and takes down bar after service/event has concluded. Ensures exceptional guest service and creates an inviting bar atmosphere. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guest Service/Point of Sale: Greets all guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Accurately and quickly takes, prepares and delivers beverage orders according to standards. Responds to guests needs and provides the highest level of quality service. Effectively operates micros operating system and cash register. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand cash handling/POS procedures to ensure accurate closing of all guest checks.
- Bartender Duties: Dispenses appropriate levels of alcohol; prepares drinks to recipe and B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group /brand standards. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste. Consistently checks guests' identification and monitors guest's consumption of alcoholic beverages to ensure compliance with state and local liquor laws. Assists other associates as needed to ensure guest needs are met.
- Bussing/Cleaning: Responsible for disposal of garbage, picking up trays, re-stocking barware, and clearing/wiping down bar. Transfers dirty glassware to the dish room, and polishes clean glassware.
- Paperwork: Completes all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner. Completes beginning and end of shift inventory, and other responsibilities as needed.
- Safety/Risk Management: Maintains a clean and safe work area, and handles all beverage/food in compliance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group / brand, local, state and federal regulations. Responsible for maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the bar and storeroom. Follow all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group /brand procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Self /Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group /brand grooming and appearance standards, and general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy.
- Miscellaneous/Other Duties: Completes all required side work, and takes initiative to jump in wherever necessary. Works as a team player and actively contributes to the success of the guest experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: TIPS or CARE beverage service certification desired, or the ability to obtain certification is required. Must have one or more years of previous bartending experience or Bartender certification. Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment. Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in order to meet guest's needs and complete required paperwork.
Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis. Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving about the property continuously throughout the shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer one or more years of previous bartending experience and Bartender certification.