Job Description Discover your Calling!
At Rosewood, Relationship Hospitality. It's in our genes - a natural desire to deliver meaningful and heartfelt experiences. "It's a calling". At Rosewood Hotel Group we work instinctively and from the heart to master and elevate our craft. Together, we push the boundaries to impart magic into every day. We care for people, and make it our purpose to build long-lasting, genuine relationships.
Here, we do what we were born to do.
Rosewood Hotel Georgia is hiring for a Barback.
As a Barback you will be responsible forthe preparation duties for 1927 and Reflections bars and assisting both servers and bartenders in all facets of the food & beverage preparation and service. Duties include setting up and dismantling bar; setting up dining space as needed, setting up back of house and service stations as needed. Responsibilities are to assist bar team and service teams in ensuring ultimate guests' satisfaction. Main Responsibilities
- Be familiar with all the Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Responsible for stocking all supplies in the bar before, during and after each shift, including paper goods, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, consumables, glassware, linen, condiments used in mixing drinks, stocking the bins.
- Assist servers in all aspects of food service; from setting silverware, serving food, clearing, and cleaning the tables.
- Assist in bussing all tables of glassware and debris during service.
- Maintain complete knowledge of a) sections, table numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the bars. b) All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware, and garnishes in the bars.
- the characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- d) All menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish, and method of presentation.
- e) some knowledge of the Micros P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest. Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Always maintain positive internal and external guest's relations.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and follows hotel grooming guidelines and dress code
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work area.
- Use Brichstreet inventory system to requisition stock; create requisitions when stock pars need replenishment, collect, and put away stock. Following and maintaining par levels.
- Perform all other reasonable job-related duties.
- All other duties as required.
- Previous experience as a Server is an asset; Related experience in a luxury or ultra-luxury environment.
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Serving it Right Certificate required; Knowledge of Food Safe.
- Knowledge of Opera, Micros systems are considered a strong asset.
- Organizational skills; Responsibility, must demonstrate initiative and teamwork. Knowledge of food, wine and menu items; Knowledge of Hotel emergency & safety policies/procedures.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, be well-organized and work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision. Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Assignment of hours is subject to business demands, Hourly Position - Flexibility required including weekends and evenings.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We encourage personal and professional growth. Continue the Rosewood Journey through global talent development opportunities. About Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Following its debut in the Roaring '20s, the legendary Hotel Georgia came to be known as Vancouver's most historic and elegant retreat. When it first welcomed guests in 1927, the hotel brought unheard of luxuries to the young city of Vancouver and Canada's West Coast. And it wasn't just the local society set that made the hotel the heart of Vancouver; Louis Armstrong, Ginger Rogers, Frank Sinatra, Laurence Olivier, the Rolling Stones and the Prince of Wales all added to the mystique of this irreplaceable piece of history.
Now unveiled as Rosewood Hotel Georgia, the fully restored Georgian Revival property has returned to its former grandeur with additional elegance afforded by extensive amenities and the impeccable service of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. From the painstaking restoration of Old World craftsmanship to the addition of the most luxurious furnishings and latest technology, Rosewood Hotel Georgia offers an unmatched combination of legacy and luxury - a return to the golden age of hotel travel.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rosewood-hotels-&-resorts/