Sage Hotel Management is currently seeking a Barback at the Distrikt Hotel in Pittsburgh, PA. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity for personal growth, you will have the opportunity to engage in our community, and you will enjoy the opportunity to enrich lives one experience at a time.
At Sage Hotel Management, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests, and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Sage's vision is to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence. Join us today! Job Overview
Keep all bar/lounge equipment and supplies at the proper level throughout all hours of operation in order to ensure proper service to all guests.Responsibilities
- Ensure that all bar areas are set up properly for lounge opening.
- Maintain the bar and lounge areas in a neat and orderly condition at all times.
- Assist bartenders in constantly checking the bar for condition of ashtrays, cocktail napkins, empty glasses, cleanliness, etc.
- Replenish ice as needed/requested.
- Ensure all bartenders have sufficient supplies throughout shift.
- Assist bartenders and cocktail servers as outlined on activity schedule or as required.
- Operate glasswashers as necessary, putting clean glassware in its place, checking often to ensure that there is enough on hand.
- Sweep and mop behind all bar areas at the end of every shift, removing, cleaning and replacing matting each time.
Cleaning and stocking experienced preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Must have minimal hearing.
- Must have good vision.
- Must be able to see items and area to stock, clean and use proper supplies.
- Must have good speech skills.
- Must have good literacy and comprehension to identify proper stock items and record usage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repeated bending, pushing, pulling and lifting -up to 35 lbs. required.
- Ability to identify proper supplies.
- Repeated lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 50 lbs. -cases of liquor, glasses, trash, cans, mopping and sweeping. Bending/kneeling required to clean and stock bar areas.
- Ability to mop and sweep, lift items above head to stock and bend to pick up items.
- Continuous standing, in order to stock and clean bar and lounge areas.
Physically strenuous -prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shift