Are you seeking a challenging career in an upbeat environment that offers the opportunity to advance? If you are, then the Hotel Effie is the place for you! We offer our full time associates a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k and hotel discounts.
The Hotel Effie, is seeking a talented Barback to join our team of talented professionals. Our barback associates are positioned at either the Ara Rooftop Pool & Lounge or the Ovide reastaurant.
The Hotel Effie is a beautiful, new luxury 250 room hotel located in Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. The Hotel Effie is an extraordinary treasure nestled between the white sandy beaches and emerald green water of the Gulf Coast and the living shorelines of Choctawhatchee Bay in Northwest Florida.
Highgate Hotels, the managing company of The Hotel Effie, is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate fosters an inspiring and inclusive culture that helps to make us best-in-class in the hospitality world. Unlimited career growth, inspiring leadership and long-term career possibilities are just some of the reasons why the most talented individuals in the hospitality world carve out long-term relationships with Highgate.
www.highgate.com . Location
Hotel Effie was thoughtfully designed and created by its owners to welcome all guests of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort to a new hotel experience that exemplifies genuine southern hospitality and exceptional service wrapped in comfortable luxury that feels like coming home.
This special community offers something for everyone, from bayside activities, emerald green water, sugar-white sandy beaches, golf courses, plentiful sunshine and nights to remember during special events. Located adjacent to the Baytowne Conference Center and nestled in the heart of the world-famous Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, Hotel Effie Sandestin is a thoughtfully designed 250-room hotel, featuring a full-service spa, 20,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and signature restaurant by acclaimed two-time James Beard Award-winning Chef, Hugh Acheson. The popular community of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort readies itself to offer a new hospitality experience in 2020. Employment Status
Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc. Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer, checking taps. Responsibilities
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
- More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holid ays.