This is the job description for BANQUET SERVER.
Job Title: Banquet Server
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Banquet Manager or Assistant Banquet Manager
Job Purpose: To set up banquet table linens, place settings and center pieces; serve all food and beverages and clear away all dishes and table linens in a professional manner and in compliance with company policies, and legal considerations.
1. Sets up all banquet function table linens, china, silverware, glass ware, and center pieces, waiting and beverage
stations, and perishable items for banquet service (such as bread, butter, and cream).
2. Serves all food and beverages to banquet guests.
3. Clears away all dishes and items used in the service of a banquet, including the linens.
4. Ensures the proper storage of all items from equipment to perishable foods.
5. Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
6. Prepares for future banquets by folding napkins, filling condiments, and performing other duties as required.
7. Relieves other employees allowing for breaks during the shift.
8. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
2. Communicate with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
3. Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
4. Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and merchandise.
5. Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Guest service and/or server experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Responsible alcohol service, food safety certification
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Wet or humid conditions
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.