Situated in Downtown's Second Street District, Austin Proper Hotel and Residences is the newest luxury lifestyle hotel in Austin, just steps from Lady Bird Lake, the legendary Austin City Limits music venue and nearby boutiques. With inspiring interiors by Kelly Wearstler and culinary offerings in collaboration with McGuire Moorman Hospitality, Austin Proper offers 244 rooms and suites, a dedicated spa and fitness center, and 14,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces, including a rooftop pool deck offering small-batch tequilas and majestic lake views. Anything less just wouldn't be Proper.
The Banquet Houseperson is responsible for the planning, set-up and completion of banquet events. This position requires extensive interaction with both banquet colleagues and corporate clients throughout their events.
- Complete all room set up in accordance to BEO
- Ensure all water, amenities, food, audio-visual and breaks are in room at least 15 minutes prior to start of meeting
- Comply with all client needs for additional equipment and supplies and convey the additional charge to the guest and Banquet Manager
- Display good guest relations skills and take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner
- Set up and clean all meeting and meal function rooms in accordance with company and hotel specifications
- Freshen all meeting rooms during meal breaks
- Assist with meal service and breakdown as needed
- Maintain the quality and consistency of the guest experience
- Liaise with all hotel departments to represent banquet operations
- Maintain compliance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Experience in a luxury or lifestyle hospitality environment preferred
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
Schedule Full Time
Location Austin, TX, USA