Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street. Overview
The Assistant Director of Human Resources is responsible for assisting the Area Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, and the understanding and enforcement of company policies. This position will focus on recruitment for a 5 Star Luxury hotel and labor relations matters related to the unions. Responsibilities
- Assist in labor relations matters. Conduct meetings with staff and union.
- Recruit high volume of staff for opening year.
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions.
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage information, changes).
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment logbook.
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion logbook.
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of benefits.
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman's Compensation claims, complete First Report of Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits (insured and noninsured).
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee requests.
- Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees.
- Schedule Orientation.
- Assist in Orientation - explain benefits, conduct tour of property.
- Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
- Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings, picnics, parties).
- Maintain First Aid log.