In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Kinseth Hotel Corporation, a growing hotel/restaurant management company is searching for an Assistant General Manager for our Hampton Inn in Milwaukee, WI.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing and motivating all front office personnel to include hiring, supervision, training, communicating objectives for the day, disciplining, scheduling and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all service and productivity standards to provide guest satisfaction. This position also checks and controls room reservations, front office systems, supplies inventory, forecasting and department budget to maximize revenue.
The Assistant General Manager communicates with guests and team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work. The position organizes, conducts and/or attends meetings to obtain and disseminates pertinent information.
As Assistant General Manager you will professionally sell the products and services of the hotel. Special emphasis is placed on guest room sales, concentrating on low and slower season business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes solicitation and service calls in person, through mail/email and by telephone on assigned accounts to promote and sell hotel and restaurant facility space and services.
- Makes solicitation calls to potential new accounts and perform outside sales calls.
- Responds to inquiries from customers, prospects, other hotels and the corporate office.
- Prepare proposals and confirmations for group bookings and conducts tours of the property with prospective customers.
- Inform other departments of upcoming events and work with them to ensure proper planning throughout the property.
- Maintains and uses the accounts tracing system/database and customer account files to generate future business.
- Follows company credit and deposit policies when booking business.
- Prepares sales reports and records sales calls and activities as required.
- Monitors guest satisfaction through follow-up surveys, thank you cards and calls.
- Participates in industry and civic organizations to promote business opportunities.
- Tracks activities of the competition and the market and the hotel's position in the market.
- Participates in sales department meetings and weekly management meetings.
- Plans and participates in sales blitzes and outside after hours functions including chamber outings.
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing plans and action plans, gives input to the development of special promotions or packages and develops ideas to build occupancy.
- Meets and/or exceeds individual quantitative revenue and production goals set forth by the General Manager and Director of Sales.
Front desk experience is required. Experience as a Sales Manager / Assistant General Manager is preferred. Experience with Hilton a plus.
If you are a motivated, self-starter with excellent communication, leadership and team player skills, we have a position for you!
We offer a very competitive starting wage with benefits including PTO, health insurance, dental, 401K and more.
|Address||2 Highway 965, North Liberty, IA, 52317 View map|