At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovation, Respect, Service-Orientation and Inclusion. Innovate, Hyatt employees are forward thinking and passionate about hospitality. Respect, Hyatt employees are inspired by team spirit and camaraderie. Service-Oriented, Hyatt employees are focused on providing authentic hospitality. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent. Goal of the Assistant General Manager:
Responsible for the managing the daily opportunities required by strong leadership, and manage the
day-to-day operation of Blue Duck Tavern
. This position is also ultimately responsible for the quality of service provided.
The Assistant General Manager
Responsibilities may include:
- Supports and Manages Blue Duck Tavern while working closely with the Food & Beverage Director and other hotel departments
- Responsible for short and long term planning of all Outlets, potentially including the Restaurant , the Lounge, and In Room Dining
- Ensure effective hiring, training, development, promotion and continuous reinforcement
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Full understanding of Associate engagement
- Develop and implement creative strategies for revenue enhancement and cost containment
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives. Manage within those approved plans
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
- Plan, coordinate & manage special events and holiday functions
- Ability to take the initiative to run the outlets as a free standing entity
Outlet Managers are an integral part of the hotel's overall Food and beverage team. Your colleagues will include the GM of Blue Duck Tavern, Banquet Manager, Executive Steward, and Room Service Manager. Experience in the previous mentioned areas will guide you to the next step in your career path as an Assistant Food & Beverage Director.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Restaurant Manager and find yourself as the Assistant Food & Beverage Director within a few years. Three quarters of Hyatt's management staff is promoted from within, just about all of your function heads are promoted internally as well. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Hyatt employees work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards...whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.