In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Vista is the premier hospitality management company of the Americas. As owners and operators of hotels, Vista has carved a remarkable story of success. Vista encourages employee growth as a contributing factor to both the success of the individual as well as success of the team. Vista owns and managers several properties throughout Eastern United States and Canada.
Doubletree Deerfield, one Vista Property Management’s portfolios of hotels, is looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager to support the General Manager and hotel operations. Doubletree Deerfield offers a competitive compensation package and a working environment that’s all about hospitality! Take the next step in your career and join our team!
The Assistant General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owner’s satisfaction.
ASST GENERAL MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist the General Manager in his day to day operations.
· Assigns duties to HOD's and observers’ performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
· Provides training to staff and HOD's.
· Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
· Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA's etc. and hotels GSTS and RSTS surveys.
· Receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
· Selects or assist in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paper works.
· Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
· Maintains accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing etc.
· Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
· Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
· Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
· Ensures the objectives and goals to achieve brand positioning and success.
· Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
· Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
· Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
· Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
· Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
· Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD's and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
· Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
· Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
· Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
· Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
· Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
· Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
· Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
· Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
· Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
· Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
· Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
· All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
A university degree or diploma in hotel management or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is an added advantage. Excellent computer system skills.
At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience. And at least 3 to 4 years of experience as a Asst. General Manager or Executive assistant manager.
Doubletree Deerfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
|Address||100 Fairway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL, 33441 View map|